Monday, October 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


I must say that having a Menu Plan for the week last week made a huge difference in how my week flowed. There was only one bump in the road on Wednesday and I had to ditch the plan. The pork loin was bought, but was a whole pork loin and I hadn't had time to cut a roast out of it. That certainly wasn't going to happen early in the morning as I was preparing to head out for a whirlwind of activities. So, we will revisit that meal idea this coming Wednesday. Only this time I will be prepared.

Still, I was having some mixed feelings about coming up with my next meal plan. You know how you can talk yourself into thinking something is going to be a bigger ordeal than it is in reality? Yes, I did that to myself. Even though I viewed it as a positive thing I was just so sure it was going to eat up so much of my time that I almost decided to skip it. However, I'm not one that easily likes to admit defeat....and only having participated in Menu Plan Monday over at Organized Junkie ONCE would be considered a failure. So, I sucked it up and pulled out my big recipe binder. After taking a quick glance in my freezer to see what was available, I sat down and turned the pages in my binder. I used the recipes for inspiration and knocked out a plan in no time at all.

Here's my second menu plan:


Monday:(busy day)
Leftover Steak
Fried Potatoes
Salad

Tuesday:
Pineapple Rice (I'll try and write down the recipe and share it...it's GOOD!!)
Trader Joe Potstickers
Chinese Cole Slaw (I'll halve the recipe)

Wednesday:
Pork Roast with Potatoes and Onions (crockpot recipe from Fix it and Forget it)
Green Beans
Salad with homemade Ranch Dressing

Thursday:
Fish (the guys caught blues during the summer)
Fruit Smoothies

Friday:
Spicy Southwestern Style Pork with veggies (using leftover roast...and I'll make up a recipe here)
Brown Rice
Marinated Black Beans

Saturday:
Quesadillas
Leftover Marinated Black Beans
Fruit Smoothies

Sunday: Family Dinner
Cream Cheese Chicken in the Crock Pot
Fettuccine
Steamed Broccoli
Fresh Fruit

Well, that's the plan for the week. Go check out Menu Plan Monday and visit a few other blogs that are participating. You'll have enough ideas for months of meal plans. Make sure you have a snack before browsing....I am not responsible for what it will do to your grocery budget if you dare peek while hungry!!

4 comments:

Frizzy said...

Wow! Those sound yummy. What time should we be there? Seriously tho, I've been planning ahead and it's a huge help with finances AND stress during the week. Tonight we're having tacos. Tomorrow we're having scalloped potatoes and ham. YUMMY!

StephF said...

Thanks for sharing! Lots of good ideas I may have to borrow for another week. I got my menu posted & my groceries bought for this week. Hope I can stick to the plan!! ;-)

Crazy Daisy said...

Hello! You won something over at my blog for creative week! Please contact me at foreverdaisies65 at yahoo dot com

thanks!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

I'm with you on making things seem like a big ordeal! Looks like a great menu! One of these days I'll start to plan ahead, too! :-)

(Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!)