Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



Working with a menu plan for the week sure makes my days go smoother. The questions seem to start early in the day and it is so satisfying to have a ready answer. I love knowing just what to pull out of the freezer and if I get a few minutes early in the day I can often start some prep for dinner.

That's why I love participating in


So, what's on the menu this week in our house? I'm glad you asked....

(By the way, I shop on Friday so my plans tend to run Friday to Friday)

Yesterday:
Pork and noodles with homemade peanut sauce
Edamame Salad
Fresh Pineapple

Monday:
Baked Fish
Rice with Roasted Vegetables, Kalamata Olives and Feta
(plan to use tomatoes, zuchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic)

Tuesday:
Pasta with a homemade fresh tomato sauce
Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
Fresh Pineapple

Wednesday:
Homemade Orange Chicken
Brown Rice
Salad

Thursday:
Black Beans and Rice and all the fixin's

Friday:
Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Peas


Be sure to check out other menu plans over at Laura's blog.

That really seems to keep me from falling into a cooking rut!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Your plan sounds delicious! (I knew mine was light on veggies this week, but now I feel really bad about that! LOL!)

How do you make orange chicken?

The Mama Bird said...

Steak. I want steak. Really really bad. :) You'll be eating well this week!

Mayet said...

the menu is fantastic!

Petite Little Bee said...

Hello: Thought I would stop by and am very glad I did... Your blog is so beautiful. I love all the butterflys and your menu planning sounds like a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing and I will be back soon. Cheers, Lia

Anonymous said...

Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!

Marksmanship Hunter Spec