Sunday, March 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Thinking ahead and planning meals is a real timesaver for me. Unfortunately, I don’t always follow through every week. On the weeks that I don’t have a plan, I find myself totally uninspired by Wednesday. I also notice that I wind up wasting fresh produce because I never get around to using it all before it spoils and that frustrates me. So, I do always try to at least get a basic menu plan together.

This is what we'll be having this week. A few are new recipes and I included the links for you. Some recipes are really non-recipes and just involve me using what ever I have on hand, like our fried rice dinner. Some meal ideas are solely for me to use up something before it spoils, like our Monday dinner.

Monday:
Spaghetti with ramped up sauce
Big tossed salad (I have sprouts and lots of fresh veggies that need to be eaten!)

Tuesday:
Fried Cabbage and Noodles (a dish I learned from my Hungarian mother in law)
Fresh Fruit

Wednesday:
Broiled Sockeye Salmon with Citrus Glaze
Brown Rice
Roasted Broccoli (a family favorite)

Thursday:
Baked Chicken
Red Potato and Tomato Salad
Green Beans

Friday:
Fried Rice with veggies and leftover chicken
Fresh Pineapple
Potstickers

Saturday:
Eating out

Sunday:
Big Family Easter Dinner (final menu still in the works)

If you’d like to check out other menu plans and find some new recipes to try, check out the list over at I’m an Organizing Junkie. You’ll find hundreds of links to check out from fellow bloggers just from this week alone. Some menu plans are even gluten free or vegetarian. I like checking them out, especially if I feel I am in a cooking rut and need a little push. Have fun!

No comments: