Friday, August 29, 2014
Chats on the Farmhouse #154
Found this fun little weekly Chat on the Farmhouse Porch. If you want to participate or see more, visit Everyday Ruralty.
1. Please tell me something you have done recently that was really fun.
2. Do you worry about any issues regarding food/food quality/food production?
3. Have you painted any of your walls with colors other than white, beige, or tan?
4. What is your favorite way to have a hamburger? If you do not eat meat, what is your favorite sandwich?
5. Please finish this sentence. If I could, I'd like to play_____________________. This could be a musical instrument, a part in a play- use your imagination:)
1. We just got back from spending a few days at the beach. One evening we had a miniature golf championship game among the family members that were there. Before the game our son threw out a challenge. If ANYONE beat him, he would buy everyone ice cream. It came down to my husband getting a needed hole in one on the 18th hole to beat him by one! So, we walked over to Sweet Frog for a little dessert.
2. I don't really "worry" about them, although I do have concerns. I believe that there is so much on the market that we really have no business eating. Fresh and whole food is best and non GMO is the way to go. It's a shame that it has come down to big business modifying food to get the cheapest "food" out there to make the most profit. That and we are SPOILED rotten. Fresh strawberries in December?? Anyway, lots of food concerns and I could take up pages, but no real worries. I just try to do my best.
3. So funny! We have the living room and dining room a brown/bronze color and our son's room is a tan, Those are the only rooms that are that "plain". Kitchen/family room is a sunny yellow, guest bathroom is sea blue/green, daughter's room is brown, green and blue, school room is two shades of bright blue, master bedroom is orange...YES, orange!...and the master bath is a Greek blue.
4. Grilled hamburger with bacon. Onions and grilled mushrooms are yummy on it. I would love CHEESE on that, but alas, I cannot.
5. I'd like to play the piano. I never really got far learning that one!