Monday, August 24, 2009

You know what I love?

I love the fact that after an extremely busy week and an extra busy day, after I sloppily threw together a last minute butterfly birthday cake.....K still loved and appreciated it. Even though she said, "Well, at least no one will think it's a real butterfly!" That's my girl, always looking for the bright side...or was she making fun of me?


Nothing went right with this cake and everything I did made it messier! Perhaps one shouldn't wait until the hour before a BIG family celebration dinner to start working on the cake. Ya think?


Ok...I'll show you the cake worthy of this blog. (this is so not one of my finer moments...makes me want to dig out the past cake pictures and show you all that I CAN make a mean cake....) However, I like the idea of keeping it real....knowing that everyone of you have sometime experienced a kitchen flop. (You have, haven't you? Don't tell me otherwise...)






2 comments:

Frizzy said...

I wouldn't know the first thing about making a butterfly cake so I think yours is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I think it's adorable!!

Laurie