Saturday, April 12, 2008

home stretch....

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I am beginning to see it. It is appearing brighter each day and that is causing all kinds of smiling. :) Smiling at the dog, smiling at the rain, smiling at the dirty laundry.....ok, maybe not the laundry. However, I am smiling at the laundry room!! Pictures of that will come another day.

The counter was measured this past Wednesday by two different people from two different companies using two different methods. There was a mixup, but it seems to be good now and the counter will be installed this Wednesday. It will really look like a kitchen then.

Erich came by today and installed the new microwave. The electrician will take care of getting that baby some power later this week. I wonder if I will just spend a few days looking at my new kitchen when it is complete, but not cooking....you know, I won't want to mess it up any. Nah...I am so sick of fast food. Eating at my parent's has helped a great deal, but even that gets tiring. Having to make sure everything you need is in that kitchen and going over to actually prepare it. It's not the same as having it in your own home, especially if you want to maybe make some of it in advance. That just means more car trips now. Yes, I can see that light twinkling and can finally relax and say we are in the home stretch here.

There are TONS and TONS of little things to still do....but in two weeks the bulk of that will be done and we will have to work on furniture shopping, accessories, etc...and some of that may just have to wait. Wonder what at home job I can do while homeschooling....just thinking of earning some extra shopping money. Hmmmmm........I will have to think on that.

Anyway...want to see pictures? Well I have a few to share. What a co-inky-dink.






Here we are standing beside the fridge looking towards the old family room. The corner cabinet you see in the far corner is a lazy susan cabinet.








Now, we are on the other side of the kitchen looking into the room. Notice the new microwave hanging there. The stove you see will slide in under that once the counter is installed. The fridge is also not pushed into it's resting spot. That will be happen after the electrician finishes the outlet for it. We need to drop off three cabinet doors at the kitchen place. They will get glass put in them and deliver them back here. Exciting stuff! If you enlarge the picture and wonder about the blue pieces of tape...that is just marking the spot for the cabinet hardware. I can hardly wait to show you that!!









This is basically a similar shot, just standing further back so you can see the back of the cabinets. I think they look so pretty.

Now let's look outside for a minute.....







Here is our new patio furniture. It's a lovely wet day today...but it still makes me smile. I love this set, because it is big. Well, relatively big. If all my kids and their significant others are here, we cannot all sit here...unless we slide up a small stool and let kid#4 have a corner. It's a plan...we'll see how it works.







Here is a close-up of the back of the chair. Did I already mention that I love this set? :) Well, in case you missed it...I do love this set....in a weird sort of non-personal way.

No comments: