Thursday, April 17, 2008

looks like a kitchen....

Well, the day I had been waiting for came and it was everything I had been dreaming. :) What day is that? The day for the counters to be installed, of course! What a difference hundreds of pounds of granite makes. Who knew? Wow, is about all I can say. I wish I could capture the blue that shines on the counter when the light hits it. It was more then I had hoped for and just made me smile all the more. It is so close to being done I can smell the food cooking!

We had the guy from the kitchen cabinet place come by and he was very impressed with what has been done and he said we have a great "entertaining kitchen". That is what I was going for....so I think I have accomplished my goal and I am itching to do the entertaining part. :)



Here is the shot from the side of the fridge. You can click on any of these pictures to get supersized ones and you can see a bit of the blue that was shining. :) I still have to clean the counters from some leftover smudges from the installers...but I am waiting for the supports on the bar side to be installed. (yeah, that's my story and I am sticking to it!!)




Here is a picture from the bar side of the counter. The wood supports are just temporary. We bought brackets that Mike painted black and they will go on soon.




Now, from inside the kitchen looking out. Still a lot of mess going on in the room....but it is looking so much better.






I think you can see some blue in this shot if you enlarge it. :)





And as of this afternoon we now have WATER!!!! WOOHOO!!!


Yes, faucet, garbage disposal, and dishwasher are in working order. Our fridge also has water running to it.


Here is a shot inside one of my favorite cabinets. All those little shelves are adjustable for spices. :)



IGNORE the streaky, dirty windows. We have been renovating, not cleaning! Hehe. I just couldn't wait to show you what I decided on for the spot above my window.

1 comment:

Dana said...

OMW! That is just AMAZING and GORGEOUS! Certainly is a great entertaining kitchen! You guys did a FABULOUS JOB!!!!!!!!