Friday, August 22, 2008

Bitten by the CVS Bug....

I've been reading some money saving blogs the past few weeks. Many of them mention the deals that are to be had at CVS. Saving money always interests me, making money interests me MORE!! It helps that we happen to have a CVS right around the corner....or two. I read all that I could and then decided to jump right into playing the CVS game.

First off, I already have a CVS Extra Care Card. So, that was one step that I could skip. I looked on their website and found that if I registered online in their photo lab and used my card number I could get 50 free prints! Ok, that is cool. So, I uploaded 50 pictures and pushed the button to submit my order. (not very hard) You know what was really cool? Going to CVS and picking up my free photos. ;o)

I took the opportunity to look around the store and get a feel for their layout. I picked up some computer paper(we were out) that happened to be on sale and went to checkout. I got a coupon for a free CVS toothbrush up to 1.99. I also got a coupon asking me to update my email address and give it to the cashier. I will then get a coupon via email for $4 off a $20 purchase.

So, I am taking baby steps to insure that I don't wind up spending way more then I should. You know....like buying boxes of denture cream cheap, even though none of us here have dentures!! This game can get confusing.....but let me tell you about the next trip. :)

I headed back to CVS. They had Alavert on sale. Instead of $8.99, it was $5.99. To sweeten the pot further, if you bought a box of Alavert they would give you $3.00 in Extra Care Bucks to spend in the store on whatever you wanted. Sweet, huh!? Well, to make it even BETTER.... I printed a coupon for $4.00 off a box of Alavert. Then when I went to get it, I realized that instead of a 12 count box, it was a bonus 18 count box. (Not bad...even put a smile on my face!) But you know what really had me smiling? Walking away from the cashier with my bag of allergy medicine and a toothbrush that cost me a whopping $1.99, PLUS having a $3 coupon to spend there next time. hehe....they paid me a dollar to carry my bag out of the store.

So, fast forward to the next week. I notice a deal on Crest Toothpaste. They have it on sale for $1.99. This happens to be cheaper then the sale at my local grocery store. To sweeten the deal, they offered $1 ECB(extra care buck) for every tube up to a total of 5 tubes. I just happened to have 3 - $1 off coupons for Crest. So, I swung by my local CVS and picked up three tubes of Crest. I gave them my three ECB from my Alavert deal AND my 3 - $1 off coupons. That brought my total to 15 cents (tax) AND I again walked out of the store with $3 more to spend next time!! HOW fun is that????

I told kid #4 to remember everytime she brushes her teeth that it's a free cleaning. (she got the free toothbrush and a tube of Crest!)

I am HOOKED!!

No comments: