Wednesday, October 29, 2008

BFS Assignment #107 - When There is No Tomorrow.....


Memory Verse: Ecclesiastes 1:13-14
I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.



Assignment: We only have today. Should God take you today, have you accomplished everything that you wanted to, needed to. Have you said all the things that needed to be said? Let’s have no regrets, let’s make sure we get to those things, so that when we’re standing before the Lord, the only thing we need to do is to worship him.. and not regret not getting to that thing on our to do list.

Honestly, I try to live without regrets. Does that mean I get everything done that I want to get done? Nope. Does it mean I get all those things that I feel God wants me to get done? Well, unfortunately, nope. However, I do try to focus more on what I feel God is saying to me. I make sure to listen for God's whispers. I pray for strength to carry out what I am called to do. Is it always easy? Um...no! I cannot accomplish these things in my own strength.


The one thing that I feel could ever be a regret for me is wondering if I could have done more to reach out to others. I have many unsaved family members and I often wonder if I have been the witness God wants? I don't know. Have I missed an opportunity along the way? I bet I have. However, I do pray that God provides many more opportunities for me to plant seeds. If I continue to seek His face and follow His lead then this will not be a regret for me. :)





No comments: