...this is our 10th Homeschool Memoirs so this week it’s going to be about 10 timely facts about you! Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc .
1. In high school I took every home economics class that I could possibly take! I love cooking and creating yummy dishes. There is a downside to that, though....I often come up with a stunning dinner, but forget exactly what I did!! hehe
2. I was an "A" student that really didn't learn that much. I found it easy to retain what was needed for a test and then I would let that information leave my brain! (that's part of why I love homeschooling!!)
3. I have 4 children here on earth and 2 in heaven. My children range from 9 years old to 25 years old.
4. I first heard of homeschooling in 1983 and was fascinated by the thought. It took me until 1993 to actually bring the kids home to learn. I have never regretted that decision!
5. I grew up wanting to be a doctor. It wasn't until I was in my teens when I realized my desire to be a mommy that stayed home with her children was much stronger. So, I changed my career choice to becoming a nurse. God had other plans. I was married and had child #1 before I could finish nursing school. :)
6. I used to hate driving anywhere I was unfamiliar with the roads. I am better at that now, but still avoid the big cities!
7. My love language is gifts. They don't have to be big or expensive. Just getting a gift speaks volumes of love to me....you took the time during your day to think of me.
8. I love to laugh and my 9 year old daughter has a wonderful sense of humor. We can get so silly and laugh so hard we can barely stand up.....a bit embarrassing when we are out somewhere, but that almost makes it funnier!
9. People think I am organized...and I laugh about that!! Perhaps, I am a bit more organized then some, but seriously I cannot consider myself organized. ;)
10. I can't stand emptying the dishwasher. (not sure why, it isn't really hard) I did a happy dance the day I realized my daughter could take over that job!!! Really!
Oh, that was fun!! Now, I'm going to go read everyone else's list. :)