Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Assignment #113 - Finger Lickin’ Good (KFC)


Memory Verse: Matthew 14:19…Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves.


Assignment: Although I am not able to produce miracles, it sometimes feels like I need to when it comes to meal time. There are times when money is tight, groceries are few and I have to feed my family. During the holiday season, you might have so much going on that you need to make a meal quickly with as few ingredients as possible. This week post your favorite recipes that require six (6) ingredients or less. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!




Oh, Yummy! This is going to be a fun assignment to read. :) Here is a favorite dish using fish. (I'm a poet!)



Lemon Parmesan Tilapia
2-1/2 lbs. Tilapia fillets
2-4 tsp. butter or margarine, softened
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice

Lemon-Parmesan Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbl. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Rinse the tilapia fillets in cold water and drain thoroughly.
Top with butter or margarine and lemon juice.
Broil about 4 inches from the source of heat for approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Top each portion with 1-2 tbl. of Lemon-Parmesan Sauce; broil 2-3 minutes or until sauce puffs and turns golden brown.
Place fillets on serving plate. You can garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley if you want.
Serves: 6

6 comments:

Kris said...

I've done chicken like this with the parmesan and mayo, but never fish, I hadn't thought of it! Gotta try!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.. I will have to try with both fish and chicken as Kris commented!

MrsKerri

Frizzy said...

I'm not a fish/seafood fan but it sounds good and might be a nice way to treat my honey bunny. Thanks!

Krista Meyer said...

I've tried to make tilapia once before and didn't succeed. hmmmm... I still have more in the freezer, I just may have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I have some Talapia in the freezer that's been calling my name to cook it...Thank you for your recipe, so now I can try it out. I have done with this with chicken too..it's great!

Mrs. Nancy

Katrina said...

I got my package in the mail yesterday... I LOVE THEM! Thank you so much! I have been looking for a pickle ornament, but hadn't been able to find one in the store. (I almost ordered one for my partner too!) And that glass ball is gorgeous! Thanks again so much! That package definitely made my day!
Katrina