Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Yummy Dinner....

Last night I copied. Yep, I read a yummy dinner that someone (Pam) threw together and just knew that I had to throw it together for our gang. It was so good, so rewarding so satisfying and just so....much a keeper that I thought I would share.


And because I am so (just how many so's can you place in four sentences?) fabulous here it is for you with pictures. Oh Boy!!

The meal was Roasted Vegetables and Italian Sausage served over pasta with pine nuts and fresh Parmesan. Does that sound yummy or what? It's a very easy dinner. What I like is that is not fancy, but looks, smells and tastes fancy...and it's versatile.


The beauty of this dish is that you can use what vegetables work for your family. Why roast a pan of veggies that no one will eat? Here I have onion, whole cloves of garlic, halved tomatoes, yellow squash, mushrooms and broccoli. (If you happen to be vegetarian, skip the sausage and add extra veggies!!) I put the Italian Sausage on top, drizzled the pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Place your pan in the oven set at...


Well, here's where I have to admit one tiny mistake on my part. I didn't pay attention to how long it cooked. I checked on it after 20 minutes and then I turned the sausage over to get the underside browned. I just like them better that way. The veggies and sausage were done when they looked done. How's that for a direction?


Here it is in all it's deliciousness. Just look at those tomatoes. (go ahead, click on that photo...I'll wait....take a good look, wipe the drool, and now continue reading) They were so full of flavor. If you haven't tried roasted garlic yet....you need to not be afraid. It has such a mild flavor after roasting. After I pulled the pan out of the oven I took a little white wine that we happened to have on hand and poured some over the veggies while they were sizzling hot. Maybe about a half cup or so. You can do that...or skip it entirely. It was an impulse step on my part. ;)


I wish you could all just smell and taste this dish. I used a thin spaghetti and plopped it in the bottom of my bowl. The veggies went on top and I sliced the sausage, as you can see. Next I toasted some pine nuts. You can just put them in a small skillet on your burner set on medium and stir them around until they toast. Keep an eye on them or they will burn! (don't ask how I know!) I sprinkled on the pine nuts and grated some fresh parmesan. Now...on my serving I also squirted a little lemon juice....but it is entirely up to you. Hubby said to put it on the must repeat list. Doesn't get much better then that!!

7 comments:

SARAH said...

Yuuuuum!!! This looks like a recipe right up my alley:) Usually I cook italian susage/pepers/onions in a pan w/ tomatoes....This looks like a good twist on a old favorite:)

Dana said...

I agree! That looks FABULOUS! Your family is so blessed to have you to make such wonderful meals for them!

basketlover93 said...

I clicked on the picture, and wow...those veggies look soooo good!

Betsy said...

This looks good! I'm going to make it next week, I think. I'm all about the sausage ever since I got my sausage maker for Christmas. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! You saved some leftovers for me, right?

Smoochiefrog said...

If I could get the tadpoles to eat squash, I'd be so on this. They do love asparagus though, so maybe....

Kim said...

Mmmmmm...Tammy! That's looks yummy! I have put it on my "to try" list according to what Pam had described, but the pictures you've just posted have shot it right to the top of the list! LOL!! It's being served THIS week at our house. :) Thanks for the pictoral...my mouth is watering!