Monday, February 9, 2009

Just get up and do it....

I like to think that I am a "normal" woman just like the rest of you. So, I think I will be able to speak to everyone here today. There are little things all around us that just need to be done. They don't need to be thought about, discussed, put on a list, brought up in a family meeting or handed over to a professional. NOPE, they just need to be done. You, yes, YOU, just need to get up and do it. I am betting there is at least one thing....although there are probably many....that fits this category in your life. Something that just bugs you because it is undone. Yet, you have not made an attempt to fix it. Want to see an example? I'm exposing myself here people....be sensitive!!



As I sit at our school table, which happens to be where my computer is, I often find myself looking to my left. Why? Well, to check the date. This calendar is just a few feet from me and I probably look at it a dozen times a day and it frustrates me.




Let's look a little closer to see why it frustrates me! hehe Yep, it's February 9th in my world, too.



So, today I just got up and did it. It took me less than one minute to go grab the 2009 calendar from the kitchen drawer and hang it up in place of the 2008 calendar. Seriously...what was I waiting for? Now, I will no longer feel like such a lazy slug a dozen times a day... instead, I might just find myself hungrier.

So, tell me....am I "normal"? Do YOU have a few of these little undone things staring you in your face? Well...just get up and do it!! :) You will feel better.
Oh, and don't forget to tell me about it...it makes me feel "NORMAL"!!!






No comments: