Saturday, November 15, 2008

another cvs trip...

Gosh...I just love my CVS trips. I only go when I find deals buying stuff that we can use....so, maybe every two weeks or so. However, when I go and it all works according to plan I walk out of that store on a cloud. Yep, getting deals does that to me. I was psyched for days!! So, what did I get? Let me share.

I walked into the store with $4 ECB(extra care bucks) that you can spend on anything in the store. I loaded my cart with my planned purchases and went to the checkout. I divided it up into three transactions to get the best deal.

First, I bought 2 palmolive dish liquids, 1 garnier fructis conditioner and 1 - 1 liter bottle of smart water. I used two $1.00 off manufacturer coupons(1 - $1.00 off 2 bottles of palmolive and 1 - $1.00 off any garnier fructis), plus I used my $4 ECB. This made my total for those items, $1.78. I was given $5.59 in ECB to use on a future purchase. (their deals were $1.00 back for each bottle of palmolive that you buy, $2.00 for buying the conditioner and $1.59 for buying the smart water...the water deal was limited to one time, as was the conditioner) I was also given a $4.00 off a $20.00 purchase! (which came in play later on)

Second up, I bought 2 more palmolive dish liquids and 2 bottles of Listerine Agent Blue. (that is to turn kid's teeth blue to show them where to brush) I had $3.00 in manufacturer coupons($1.00 of 2 bottles of palmolive and 2 - $1.00 off Listerine Agent Blue), plus I used my 5.59 ECB that I earned in transaction #1. This brought my total down to $2.37. I was also given $8.00 in ECB. ($2 for the dish liquid and $3 for each Listerine)

Next, came my biggie....

CVS had a deal if you buy $20.00 in Hershey chocolates you would get $10.00 back in ECB. S0, I bought 6 bags of Hershey Bliss chocolates. (a girl can never have too much chocolate!) They were on sale for $3.00 each. So, my total was $18.00. I picked up 4 individual candy bars that were 50 cents each to make my total $20.00. I used that $4.00 off 20.00 purchase coupon they gave me earlier. Also, I had 3 manufacture coupons each for $2.50 off 2 bags of Bliss. That brought another 7.50 off my total. Then I gave them my $8.00 in ECB. That brought my total for $20 of chocolate down to .98!! (.48 of that was tax!!)


My total out of pocket for the trip was $5.13. The sale price total of the merchandise before coupons was $39.22. I also have $10.00 in ECB to use on the next deal. :) I hope they have something good on sale tomorrow!!




5 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

If I liked the bliss stuff, I'd have probably done the same deal. :)

I've gotta get on track. I'm so lazy lately.

Dacia's School said...

wanna do my shopping too???

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! I wanna do that!!! :) Please...teach me your ways master! ;)

teehee,
Kimmy

Tammy said...

Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's pretty awesome!--Tamatha