Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving is such a fun holiday. I tend to love all holidays that are centered around family getting together. :) Throw in all the great food and that "love" factor jumps up a notch. This is the holiday where everyone here pitches in and makes some of their favorite recipes and we get together not once, but twice to eat everything! How's that? Well, our family has a tradition we call "Repeat Friday". After Thanksgiving dinner the last thing you really want to do is sort out leftovers and split them up for families to take with them. So, we started just gathering Friday afternoon and reheating everything, adding some nice bread for sandwiches and enjoying another meal. The best part about this is it comes without HOURS of cooking beforehand. It's also a good way to relax and help put a dent in the leftovers. Then if there is anything still around at that point, we divide it up. I am so thankful for my wonderful family!!



I'd like to wish all my friends, family, followers, and BFS members a Blessed Happy Thanksgiving!!




I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart,I will enter His courts with praise,I will say this is the day that the Lord has made,I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving from a fellow BFS Friend!!!
Blessings,
Vania

Sombra said...

Love the idea of repeat Friday

Happy Thanksgiving from your Canadian BFS Friend.

Mrs. Sombra
BFS Teacher