Saturday, November 29, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs: #15 A Thankful Heart


This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful for.


1. A very real relationship with Jesus

2. A wonderful husband who also happens to be a great dad

3. My children

4. My family and family in laws

5. Supportive friends

6. A house that fits us perfectly

7. A new mattress

8. Chocolate....a must have on some days

9. The opportunity to stay home and homeschool

10. A craft/school room that is just for my daughter and me

11. Hot showers (heading in there, soon!)

12. Warm summer days

13. Sunday Family Dinners

14. A wonderful church family

15. My new kitchen

16. My new computer

17. Trader Joes

18. Avocados

19. My warm blankie that is wrapped around me now

20. Chick-fil-a lemonade (that I am hoping will help fight my cold)

21. Tissues

22. A great group of women that I email regularly with

23. Our stuffed pantry

24. Our two cars that we are fortunate enough to have

25. Games (spent most of the day playing with family)

26. Sushi (I love that stuff)

27. My wonderful 9 year old daughter that wrote her own Thankful post right under mine. :)


Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Colossians 3:15

1 comment:

KarenW said...

Great list! There's so much to be thankful for!