Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BFS #108 - Quality is Job #1

Memory Verse: I Timothy 4:12-13 - Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

Assignment: My family and I rarely do anything apart from each other. We don’t really have quality time together because all our time is together. We feel like the more special moments are when we have dinner together or when we worship God together. For this assignment, tell how you and your family spend QUALITY time together.


We love to spend time together. My boys are now 25(almost), 22 and 19. They grew up very close and for the most part (hehe) enjoyed each other. It is great to see them now as great friends. Nine years ago we had a daughter. She is a wonderful girl and she loves her brothers' company as much as we do. Spending time together has always been a priority to us. It is even more important now that son #1 is married and son #3 is also out of the house.


Everyone gets so busy and days can slip by without actually having a chance to check in with each other. Son #1 runs a Chick-fil-a and since they are always closed on Sundays, that is the day that seems to work best for us. So, on many Sundays we will get together for family dinner at our house. The special ladies in my boys' lives are also invited. Often times we include my parents for dinner, as well. Sometimes we will play a game afterward or watch a movie or just hang out. That means there is up to 11 of us for dinner. I really do look forward to those times.


This fall and winter season I am planning on trying many homemade soups for Sunday dinners. It seemed like a frugal way of making enough for everyone and also having leftovers. The plan is to make two pots of soup each week, with some bread and a salad to round the meal out. So far, we have only had one soup meal together. One Sunday was a birthday celebration so we had a special dinner and this past Sunday we went to a new to us restaurant for pizza. We had seen the restaurant on the Food Network.


My plan is to share the recipes and the critics' reviews after each meal. If anyone has a great recipe, please share!! :) I'd like to make one with meat and one without each time.


Here's a family photo from the wedding.


4 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

Oh do tell, which restaurant?

MrsMomma said...

It's good to have a day for family quality time set aside each week. Life gets so hectic when children get older and have their 'own lives'. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

Beautiful family! My 9 year old daughter sends a "Hello" to your nine-year-old daughter. ;^)

I love the idea of the "whole" family getting together once a week. I look forward to that once the kids get older. Hopefully God will keep them close enough to us to visit frequently!!!

Have a fantastic week!!!

Lori said...

I love Sunday dinners. There is just something so nice about them. I hope to keep them up as my kids get older as well. What a nice way for you all to stay connected.
Lori