Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Ok, so it's November 4th and the Election is all the news....except here. Oh, yes we did go out and vote....and picked up our free Starbucks coffee. (I even brought mine home and made some delish Mocha Frappucinos and have enough to make another batch!) :) But the big news is Mike took off work today and kid #4 helped him work on Christmas lights!! Oh yeah! We are so ready. Hmmm....well, the outside of the house is so ready. The inside is NOT decorated and could even stand to be tidied up a bit and I do NOT even want to discuss shopping. Not even going to go there. However, the scene in my living room did lift my spirits and had me humming, "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...." Almost makes me want to go.....shopping!



Hard at work putting on the clips to hang the lights.



This strand is all done and ready for bulbs!



Here are the lights we are using this year to outline the house.



They look pretty all lit up!




A snapshot of outside. It's just the beginning, but it will all be ready to go on Thanksgiving day!! :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Sikora said...

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who loves to get the lights ready for Thanksgiving! We are in the process of cleaning up our yard outside to do just the same thing!

I love Christmas!!!! (sigh)

StephF said...

Oh how fun! I wish I was that motivated...

Tammy said...

WOO HOO! We love to look at Christmas lights!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! You are so getting me ready for Christmas.
BTW, I just love the picture of the wedding party.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Blessings,
Michelle