Monday, September 15, 2008

Gifts from New Mexico

Mike was gone all last week on a business trip. We stayed home and held the fort without a computer. That was not easy for this mom!! Our week was spent doing lots of reading, school, and working on some house cleaning projects. Nothing exciting!

When Daddy came home he brought gifts. (that almost made up for the no computer thing) Kid #4 now has a beautiful shirt from New Mexico, a porcelain frog and a new key chain from Texas. I got two things to hang in our kitchen/great room. I knew about them, because he called to ask my opinion on them and even sent a picture of one of them. I love them both and they look great. Want to see?? Well, I'm showing you anyway. :)

This is my frog! I happen to love frogs and this is the second one in this room. I love it, though and it looks a lot different then the other one. #4's frog is much smaller and isn't for the wall.

Here are some ceramic peppers. I love the splash of red on the yellow wall. I've seen quite a few pictures of paprika hanging (the real stuff) in Hungary. I know this is more Mexican, but it does make me thing of Hubby's roots in Hungary.

Now, this is not new. It did, however, finally make it up on the wall this weekend. Mike always wanted it up, but I kept dragging my feet as to where it should go. I guess I got caught up in all the hanging going on this weekend!

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

I found your blog through Shannon at Welcome to the Nut House. I like your new wall hangings and was born in New Mexico myself. I look forward to reading more from you and about your homeschooling ideas.