Sunday, September 28, 2008

Healthy Steps Update



Well, I have done really well with my first two goals. :) They were to cut out drinks with sugars and sweeteners (other then Stevia) and to take a daily vitamin.


I thought quitting soda was going to be rough. It always has been in the past. However, this time it was rather easy. Sure I thought about having a nice, bubbly, cold, sweet drink. It was easy though to just not have one. My first week flew by and then I went to a party. I grabbed a cold water, but so did everyone else. In no time, my bottle of water was mixed up with a dozen others. So, without thinking I quickly thought to myself, "I'll just grab this soda here and it won't get mixed up." You know what? I didn't even think about it until about 20 minutes later. I hadn't finished the drink and looking back it really wasn't all that refreshing. So, I showed myself that really it is no big deal. I think I am better off without a soda addiction, so I will keep that as a habit for now.


Taking a vitamin was easy enough. I put one in each day of my pill minder, so I was able to keep up with that. A friend even gave me two packets of a vitamin that you mix with water. It makes a bubbly berry drink She really likes them and says she feels great taking them. I am looking into purchasing a month's worth to give it a try. I'll write a review about it after I take them. (I have to share the good, bad and the ugly here!)


Now to make two more goals to work on for the upcoming week. Hmmm, let's think about it for a minute.


I know...


1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I found when I stopped the soda, I would often go longer without a drink. Then I would wind up with a headache until I drank a huge cup of water. So, I am going to try and make a healthy habit of drinking plenty of water.


2. Eat at least 5 servings a day of fruits and vegetables. I plan to read this site and take some notes!


Anyone else working on healthy steps? I'll be back in a week with an update.



1 comment:

Kim said...

You know I am girl! ;) I'm looking forward, one step at a time! ;) It's a process to change habits, and to change a mindset. I went to the grocery today to stock up on plenty of healthy snacks and LOTS of veggies. I'm going to the orchard tomorrow to buy some Jona Gold apples (praying they're ready!!) and get some tomatoes. (they have a wonderful greenhouse that we can get yummy Indiana grown tomatoes year round!)

I'm planning and executing, and have amazing support!

Getting healthy...One Step At A Time!! ;)