Monday, September 1, 2008

family room update...

I was sitting here looking through some old pictures, when I realized that I never did post the pictures of some of the finishing touches to our room off the kitchen. Mike and I were just talking last night about how we wouldn't do anything differently if we had the remodel to do over again. That says a lot. There are tons of details involved in such a big remodel and we are happy with every single one of them!! :) I must say....I still wake up each morning, walk out to the kitchen and smile. Well, except for when Mike forgets to do the dishes!

Anyway...We are not 100% finished with the details in the family/great room. (not quite sure what to call it....but the kitchen and this room are all one big room) However, we are pretty close. Here are a few pictures of what has taken place, so far.


This is our little love seat. Kid #4 calls this her spot.

I love this cabinet. It is where I keep overflow from the kitchen. I went shopping yesterday and it is stuffed to the gills. It's a perfect addition to the room.

This is one of my favorite ideas. We brought a frame to highlight Kid #4's artwork. This is a one line project that she did last year in art class. Her pencil never left the paper. When she added some watercolor to it, I fell in love with the picture. She has a stack of other creative pieces, but I have had a hard time taking this one down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!!! And..you are loved...lol

Pamela Sue